- All borrowers ages 5 and up who live, work, own property, or attend school in Massachusetts are eligible to apply in person for one library card within the SAILS Library Network, free of charge. Current photo identification and proof of address will be required for all new registrations; please refer to the Circulation Policy for details. A Norton Public Library card may be used to borrow from other SAILS Library Network libraries. If a card is lost or stolen, notify the Library's Circulation Department immediately to prevent unauthorized borrowing.
- Non-Massachusetts residents may register for a SAILS library card for a fee of $55, per year per family.
- Temporary residents such as Students or Visitors may also get library cards. Temporary resident cards will have restrictions.
- By signing the registration form and receiving the library card, the borrower agrees to follow the rules in this Circulation Policy and agrees to take good care of all materials borrowed, to pay all fines or damages accrued, and to give prompt notice of any change of address, telephone number, or email address.
- Confidentiality of all borrower information, regardless of borrower age, is protected by Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 78, Section 7.
- The Norton Public Library will not issue library cards within 15 minutes of closing time.
Want access to even more digital media and online resources and services? Boston Public Library eCards are available to anyone who lives, attends school, owns property, or works in Massachusetts. Register online and get access to all BPL online resources, including a huge selection of eBooks, audiobooks, and more.